LOCAL indie singer-songwriter, on the softer side of things. All sorts of instrumentation (upright bass, drums, keyboards, guitars, horns are more common), but songs are piano or guitar based. Has all-stars from the Bay Area indie scene on it (people from the Decemberists, Camper Van Beethoven, Ray’s Vast Basement...)
Nice songwriting and instrumentation all around. Recorded in part by our own Bawd of Euphony! As the Bawd would say, Play play play!
-Adrian FCC: clean
My picks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9
1. med-slow. piano-based with strings, bass. nice melody and song.
2. med-slow. in 6/8, with a lilt. interesting chord progression. guitar-based with electric piano and brass on top.
3. med-slow, sort of a momentarily hangs repeatedly in its rhythmic cycle. nice english horn part
4. medium tempo. sort of a hypnotic loop of drums, guitars, vocals.
5. upbeat, medium tempo. starts with strings. nice production—strings, brass, reversed sounds all work well together.
6. light guitar with nice vocal+harmony lines
7. mid tempo.
8. med-fast. guitars and piano lead the way. interesting synth sounds.
9. electric piano leads this med-slow song. nice vocal melody. ends with noise/ experimentation.
10. dramatic piano beginning. comes back to a good 3/4 groove.
11. med-slow. guitars, slide guitar. cello.