|Velvet Teen, The / Cum Laude|
|Artist:||Velvet Teen, The||Added:||02/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22||Pull Date:||2007-06-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Jan 05, 2010:||The Orphanage |
Building A Whale
|4.||May 29, 2007:||Lost and Found |
|2.||Jun 28, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
Building A Whale
|5.||May 28, 2007:||Something about music |
|3.||Jun 20, 2007:||I once was canadian |
|6.||May 25, 2007:||Something about music |
Velvet Teen, The: Cum Laude (Slowdance Records)|
Indie rock w/ some electronic effects and emo tendencies. Local. Fast energetic pop w/psychedelic effects. Compressed, loud, dramatic vox sing-shouts (almost emo, but not quite…). Difficult to decipher, but passionate, vox. Pretty melodies, w/ video game synth + guitar (harmonics?). Occasional spastic math-rock percussion. Songs are ‘thick’ w/ noise + sweeping soaring feel. No Fccs that I could hear… Play# 3, 8, 1, 9
1) 3:35 – compressed psychadelic electronic synth (sounds like a distorted video game) + compressed rock vox. Cool psychedelic wanderings. Tense, but flowing.
2) 2:28 – midtempo, straightforward rock. Soaring, sing-song vox.
3) 4:31 –mathy, spastic drumming. Simple, cool guitar repetition. Sweet, sad vox melody. Peaceful bell-tone melody near end, as drums fade out.
4) 3:11 –starts w/tremolo electric guitar wash. Folk-rock beat. Cool spacey synth.
5) 2:33 –starts w/ video game tones. Mathy drumming. Overdriven guitars. Ends 20 early.
6) 3:48 –atmospheric, melancholy synth. Startight forward beat. Plaintive vox.
7) 4:35 –urgent piano chords. Fast tempo. Driving rock-pop.
8) 2:42 –driving acoustic strumming. Melodic, darkish vox.
9) 3:29 –furious rock (math?). fast guitar, spastic drumming.
10) 4:19 –pop-rock. Fast pace + high energy. Tones down for vox. Quiets near end, then gets loud again.
11) 3:41 –cool pitch bend guitar beginning. Atmospheric/reverby sad vox. Emo?
12) 4:18 –fast stuttering electronic percussion + standard beat. Rapid +dramatic guitar melody. Clean vox(?). Sweeping, loud pop. electronic fax machine noises + laughing + distorted talking near end.
|1.||333||7.||Spin The Wink|
|3.||Rhodekill||9.||Building A Whale|
|4.||False Profits||10.||In A Steadman Spray|
|5.||Tokyoto||11.||Around The Roller Rink|