Songs of Green Pheasant: Ariel Days (Fat-Cat Records)
Folksy soft slow rock. “Nice”, pleasant, pretty. Smooth, whsipery male vox (difficult to comprehend). Dreamy, sleepy, but not boring. Lots of reverb + ethereal synth drones. Ubiquitous guitar picking. Very dramatic/sedate(?). minimal movement/great volumes of space filled w/warm noise. Kinda soft-rock, kinda slow-core…but I still like. No Fccs. Play #1, 5, 4s
1) 5:23 - SOFT, dreamy (kinda like red house painters), mid-tempo. Synth drones, a little guitar, gentle drums. Sounds like music your pillow would make if it started a band w/your blankie. Ends w/ cool minimal electric guitar line.
2) 6:53 - starts minimally, with gitter plucks. SOFT, ethereal vox harmony. A little tension (=drama). Not as warm…. Some harpsi-sounding gitter near end.
3) 5:28 – weird false piano start. Washes of comfy synth. Acoustic strums. Minimal drum-machine beat.
4) 4:35 – gentle piano. muffled distant rattles. Steady minimal casio-snare beat. Gets louder w/ xylophones, louder percussive chimes, drums. Weird dissonant piano line…gets minimal @ 2/3 mark. Reinvents self for last 1:20. spacey synth drones, cautious guitar wanderings.
5) 5:28 – pretty cover of beatles’s song. More reverb + sparkles. Spazzed-out electric guitar low in mix. Last 0:40 fairly quiet.
6 ) 4:18 - light synth ringing, some piano, pipes. Slow, soft, sparkles. Weird electronic whines. Guitar picking. Somewhat boring.
7) 3:52 –slow, minimal start. Melancholy, theatrical trumpet ½ way through track.