|Woggles, The / Rock And Roll Backlash|
|Album:||Rock And Roll Backlash||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Wicked Cool Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22||Pull Date:||2007-06-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Wed, 12 Oct 11:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades
|4.||Sat, 09 Jun 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Thu, 21 Jul 11:||Sunshine|
|5.||Wed, 06 Jun 07:||Francis D|
|3.||Tue, 19 Jun 07:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|6.||Sat, 02 Jun 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Woggles, The – Rock and Roll Backlash|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 4/20/07
Really well done and extremely enjoyable 60’s-style rock. This record is so much fun it made me happy EVEN AT WORK. Mostly garage rock with tons of energy and youthful rebellion (the last track sums it all up) – also lots of dance, British Invasion, deep hippie thoughts, and even some Tijuana Brass.
No FCCs. Track 12 kills – everything should be assumed to have 2 stars more than shown.
1. 3:38 ***60’s rocking Philly Soul sound – pounding drums, great energy.
2. 2:42 **just a smidge to one side of “All Day and All of the Night”.
3. 3:15 **anthemic 60’s pop a la Who, vocal harmonies. Gee, I got that “Who” call right – there’s a bit of “A Quick One” in the middle…
4. 3:18 **downbeat folk psychedelia intro, turns midtempo rocker quickly.
5. 3:37 ***starts with a few seconds of party noises, then midtempo farfisa-based frug-a-jerk-a-gogo. Dance party!
6. 2:39 **more early Kinks guitar sound, great rebel without a cause lyrics.
7. 4:21 ***Spanish guitar flourish – the bullfight is about to begin… (I wrote that before I noticed the title – geeze, am I on a roll?) Herb Alpert trumpet, slow, dramatic – with rather goofy lyrics in Spanish…
8. 2:15 **garage-style proto-punk.
9. 3:01 **reverb-drenched intro, uptempo garage rock with nutty vocals and pseudo-deep hippie lyrics. Twisting on acid!
10. 3:20 **guess what? More high-energy garage rock! Gosh, it’s like being forced to listen to one Count Five song after another. Just SOOOO harsh.. heh!
11. 3:39 ***funky soul strut British Invasion “blues”. Dress up and shake a tail feather!
12. 3:03 ****Damn, that steamrolled rock and roll straight over me before I had a chance to see it coming!
|1.||Rock And Roll Backlash||7.||El Toro|
|2.||It?S Not About What I Want (It?S What You Got)||8.||Sayonara Blues|
|3.||Porridge||9.||The World Is Falling|
|4.||There Goes Danger||10.||Time Of My Own|
|5.||I Gotta Go Now||11.||Black Sheep|
|6.||Drive On||12.||Blasting Cap|