|Veloso, Caetano / Ce|
|Add Date:||2007-02-18||Pull Date:||2007-04-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb|
|1.||Jan 07, 2012:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Mar 20, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Apr 20, 2007:||Living Souls |
|5.||Mar 16, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Apr 13, 2007:||Living Souls [sub for Wedge] |
|6.||Mar 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The Brazilian superstar continues to reinvent himself. Here is his indie rock album. It’s crisp and edgy, backed by a solid band with (at time) screaming guitar and lots of style. The lyrics are VERY sexual, but they’re also in Portuguese so I don’t think anyone will complain. However, for the record FCCs (in Portuguese) on track #4, with suggestive lyrics in #4, 9, 10, 11. Nothing in English.|
*1. Fun, bouncy uptempo, percussive. Great guitar, sudden ending.
2. Downtempo, almost sleepy w/sweet guitar & cool vocals.
*3. Driving, upbeat rock w/fiery guitars.
*4. Suave, slow, and sexy rock/bossa love song.
5. Hard tom-tom beat, downtempo and dark, kinda creepy.
6. Downtempo w/soaring vox and lots of percussion.
*7. Funky and midtempo w/wah-wah guitar and a cool vibe.
8. Fast guitars, with a fun, tripping melody. Quirkily good.
9. Uptempo w/a strong beat and rather staccato lyrics.
10. Funky, downtempo. Repetition of “I’m coming” in Portuguese.
*11. Sweetly lazy. Hints of bossa lurking in the background.
12. Spoken lyrics, not quite hip-hop, not really just talking. Then a mid/up groove w/chorus. Ends with lots of atonal moaning.
|5.||Waly Salomao||11.||Um Sonho|
|6.||Nao Me Arrependo||12.||O Heroi|