|Various Artists / Messthetics #101: D.I.Y. 77-81 London I|
|Album:||Messthetics #101: D.I.Y. 77-81 London I||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Hyped 2 Death|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10|
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 13 Jun 13:||V0LCADI0|
VOLCANO RADIO: THE FINAL SHAZAM
|4.||Fri, 15 Jan 10:||FLASHBANG|
FLASHBANGS AND SCARVES
|2.||Thu, 23 Jun 11:||HYPRK & Doublestuf|
|5.||Mon, 23 Mar 09:||Gears|
PACC Appreciation Show
|3.||Sun, 21 Mar 10:||FLASHBANG|
FLASH BANG RADIO - SPRANG BREAK!
|6.||Thu, 15 May 08:||Barbara Anne|
The Courtesy Flush
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
An AMAZINGLY INCREDIBLE compilation of late 70s/early 80s new wave underground gems. Hear the birth of indie-music as we know it. Buried in obscurity, these DIY gems carry the same spirit and sound of Joy Division, Gang of Four, Television Personalities, the Soft Boys, the Raincoats, Delta 5, LiliPut, the Clash, the Fall, etc. Mind blowing intelligent/creative compositions with divine melodies dancing between the psychedelic and the punk. This CD has been a personal favorite of mine. By far better than all the other Messthetics series including the Greatest Hits that was in the A-file last year. I can’t get enough of this. |
Play 5, 2, 1, 6, 7, 20, 22, 12
1. Jungly guitars. Punk edge. Rocking. “I don’t want to work for British Airways no more”.
2. Think Wire with infectious synth-wave lines. DIVINE and ORGASMIC!
3. Gang of Four bass groove with chaotic synth noise effects. Prosaic vocals.
4. Very pre-Mission of Burma/Fugazi.
5. Fucking amazing! By the band that gave rise to the Homosexuals. Punky with no wavy piano and tongue in cheek Catholic mass lyrics.
6. Rhythmically edgy with dub-y guitars. The Clash.
7. Organ-driven! Jumpy indie pop. “compulsive eater munches his way to freedom”.
8. Dark punk. Siouxsie and the Banshees.
9. Infectious synth-wave-y gem.
10. Woah… trips me out. Racing rhythm. Circus music.
11. Television personalities. Acoustic strings. Children song chorus.
12. Female happy go-lucky garage punker. Aislers Set meets the Raincoats.
13. Sparse, bitter and psychedelic.
14. Acoustic rhythm guitar. Psych.
15. Reverb central. Very psychedelic and dark. Think Syd Barrett.
16. Mid tempo Velvet Underground-ish.
17. This reminds me of Neutral Milk Hotel.
18. Gosh… this reminds me of (post-Beatles) John Lennon.
19. Dark and gothy. Siouxsie and Banshees. 20. Infectiously catchy song with great bass lines.
21. Theatrical. Improv. Avant Garde.
22. Stripped down sing along of the Television Personalities classic.