folsky acoustic indie singer songwriter stuff. Elvis has a bit of a unique voice. instrumentation is bassed around acoustic guitar, upright bass, and drums; other instruments are thrown in on various songs. indie release of a previously self-released and critically lauded 2006 album. Really solid and enjoyable album with great songwriting and instrumentation. Yes, that’s his real name.
-Adrian FCC: clean (I think)
my picks: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11
1. swirling acoustic epic ballad. interesting instrumentation: starts just guitar and vocals, then adds drums, upright bass and all sort of other instruments.
2. med-fast upbeat tune with guitar, upright bass and light drums.
3. med-slow. group singing and electric guitar. quirky take on a swinging rock tune.
4. med-slow, mopey. some strings providing backgrounds and Beatles-like backing vocals.
5. medium tempo. nice guitar and vocal parts that intertwine.
6. med-slow. guitar, accordion, bass, drums. french vocals midway through
7. another acoustic epic ballad. guitar, bass, drums backed with strings later in the song. nice falsetto during the chorus.
8. slow with piano, guitar, bass, drums.
9. slow, mostly finger-picked acoustic guitar. nice f harmony vocals.
10. nice medium tempo song. guitar-based, but with strings, vibraphone, trumpet and musical saw.
11. starts soft. piano-based song with harmonium. serene