|Roden, Jeffrey / Seeds Of Happiness|
|Album:||Seeds Of Happiness||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Roden, Jeffrey||Added:||Mar 2007|
|Label:||New Albion Records|
|Add Date:||2007-03-18||Pull Date:||2007-05-20|
|Week Ending:||Apr 15||Apr 1|
|1.||Apr 12, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
episode of beauty
|2.||Mar 31, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
Solo electric bass – minimal, chill, resonating. Between rock classical and jazz. Leans slightly new age but it’s great there. Very down-tempo, with lots of space to feel the harmonies. Short contemplative pieces. Pretty surprising melody lines. Rock-solid rhythms, intriguing shapes. Most tracks fade out by 10 seconds left. |
1. Rhythmic drone under simple but lush chords.
4. Fast but soft strumming under a chill melody line.
*5. Catchy melody line that belongs in a David Lynch movie. After one minute some background sounds come in and the melody line gets slightly eastern sounding.
6. Almost a slow rock song.
*9. Kind of a rock song. Great.
*13. Almost classical guitar sounding, nice out-of-synch rhythms between two lines the last minute.
14. Slightly eerie/dissonant.
17. Super sparse and slow. Pretty.
19. A track called “the nature of solitude” that has 2 notes in the first 13 seconds :)
*20. I can’t think of anything special to say about this track, but I really like it.
22 and 23. yummy dissonant chords in the middle. 23 has 15 seconds of silence at 1:10 left.
24. Crunchy rhythmic background riff, wandering contemplative sparse melody. Second half rocks, is very pretty. Kind of a strange track really. Very end is awesome out-of-synch.