|Pinker Tones, The / Million Color Revolution, The|
|Album:||Million Color Revolution, The||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Pinker Tones, The||Added:||03/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-03-25||Pull Date:||2007-05-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr|
|1.||Dec 09, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio COP TALK |
|4.||Feb 18, 2012:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Aug 11, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Dec 03, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|3.||May 05, 2012:||New World Disorder |
TMCR Grand Finale
|6.||Jun 11, 2011:||New World Disorder |
The Pinker Tones – The Million Colour Revolution|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/16/07
Euro-Union retro-funk-pop-electronica-etc from Barcelona. Two guys calling themselves Mr. Furia and Professor Manso play virtually everything on the disk and sing in four languages. Lots of Moog and other synth, also lots of standard instruments and plenty of Latin percussion. I love this record, and am planning on having its baby.
No FCCs. I love 3 and 11 the most, but everything – even the little short bits – is extremely ginchy and keen.
1. 0:37 *male speaking, then bombastic Dragnet-ish 30 second intro in Spanish and English.
2. 3:39 ***starts with a soul yell, then midtempo cool retro funk, falsetto soul vocals in English.
3. 3:26 ****somewhat uptempo dance beat with a touch of Latin, fun political sarcasm lyrics in English.
4. 4:21 **starts with beach noises, solo keyboard, then very St. Tropez in the 60’s midtempo bossa nova, relaxed and groovy with whistling. Ends with several seconds of beach noises.
5. 3:58 *midtempo funky groove, vocals in French. Bit of 60’s rock feel in second half of track.
6. 3:31 ***ultra groovy midtempo electronic funk with soul backing vocals, lyrics in Spanish.
7. 0:33 *30 seconds of manic scratching and electronica.
8. 3:10 ***uptempo keyboard-based funk, sounds like a Blaxploitation soundtrack. Cool bass and horns.
9. 3:08 **midtempo Victorian-era piano and barbershop quartet, lyrics in German (about people listening to bossa nova instead of pop music.) Definitely a novelty number…
10. 0:37 *retro soundtrack mood music, spoken word in English
11. 3:34 ****short intro, then uptempo bouncy danceable pop with really funny lyrics in English.
12. 4:20 **rather uptempo moog and drum. Minimalist, upbeat – ya gotta love Moog a lot to dig it. Quica! That earns it another star…
13. 2:48 ***oh, it’s a luau, how lovely! Honeymoon in Waikiki – very retro. Theramin and bongos! Very mellow, downtempo.
14. 2:53 **nutty male vocals in English with a hayseed accent equally goofy backing vocals, manic electronica and drums with a 60’s rock beat. Bit of silence and male talking with Brit accent at end.
15. 4:18 *electronically processed vocals in English, midtempo rave.
16. 4:31 ***long quiet intro, building into slow and moody dance groove with a bit of funk, soulful falsetto vocals in English. Some Beatles-y exhortation about being a rainbow. Really quite sweet…