|[Car_Bomb] / Centralia|
|Add Date:||2007-05-13||Pull Date:||2007-07-15||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17||Jun 3||May 27||May 20|
|1.||Jul 13, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Jun 29, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Jul 07, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Jun 27, 2007:||Never Was Canadian |
|3.||Jun 30, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|6.||Jun 19, 2007:||too heavy for titanium |
[CAR_BOMB] - "Centralia" CD (Relapse)|
Discordant, chaotic, hateful, progressive metal. It's got a bunch in common with THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN but is heavier, more aggressive, closer to grindcore and more obnoxious. Tracks are fairly complicated and take right turns at any moment. They do get strange enough and have their jazzy moments that fall into the MR BUNGLE world.
1. Jutting, spazzy, and the singer sounds extremely pissed. This reminds me a lot of THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN.
2. Siren noises on guitar and an odd meter. There is a very quiet section in the middle of the track but they do return to a psychotic sound.
**4. Nice discordance and another odd time signature. Wow. Short, jazz-y loungy section which reminds me of MR. BUNGLE.
**5. Quiet beginning, enter big bass. Then odd guitar noises and a big chugging sound. Stop-n-go. Another creepy not heavy section which reminds me of MR. BUNGLE.
6. Funny, repeated bursts of speed and the only words I can understand are 666.
**7. Nice rhythm guitar playing off the drums which reminds me of MESHUGGAH.
8. A bit like track 7 with more understandable vocals.
9. Vocals you can understand and music that's less complex.
10. Vocals are a bit more demented.
11. The beginning sounds more normal and metal. Then the guitar goes haywire.
Good stuff -mph
|2.||Solid Grey||7.||Best Intentions|
|3.||Cielo Drive||8.||Cellophane Stiletto|
|5.||His Eyes||10.||Gum Under The Table|
|11.||Pieces Of You|