|Hanaiali'i, Amy / Generation Hawai'i|
|Label:||Mountain Apple Co.|
|Add Date:||2007-06-17||Pull Date:||2007-08-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||Aug 19, 2007:||Transmission Overload |
|4.||Jul 25, 2007:||Where the Girls Are |
Uluhua Wale Au
|2.||Aug 07, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jul 23, 2007:||summer ducks |
|3.||Jul 31, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jul 18, 2007:||Where the Girls Are |
Ho'oheno A'o Pi'ilani
Really pretty Hawaiian vocals with gentle acoustic backing and just a hint of jazz. She’s got a clear, sweet voice that works well with the Hawaiian style of singing. Some great guitar work. Often backed by male chorus. Mostly in Hawaiian. The traditional songs are especially good and make me long for the islands.|
1. Slow, relaxed, and gentle. Kind of sad. Soft guitar/piano.
*2. Midtempo and bright w/a traditional sound. Cool slack key.
*3. Upbeat and bouncy w/high vocals & good guitars.
*4. Bright and happy w/fun retro chorus sweet guitars.
5. Cool old-man chant opens, some spoken word in English, midtempo.
6. Relaxed and sweet. A gentle love song.
7. Slow and gentle, so pretty. Like a nap in a hammock. Sigh….
8. Slow vocal duet with a more contemporary sound.
*9. A bouncy toe-tapping sound w/fun guitars.
10. Sleepy and nostalgic with a soft and lazy feeling.
*11. A traditional tune, midtempo and very sweet.
12. Drums, then a capella, then more drums/ukuleles. Picks up.
*13. Slow, straightahead jazz w/piano/sax. She can sing jazz. Stylish.
14. Chanting then mid/uptempo pop w/lots of chorus/layers.
|1.||Napua||7.||Uluhua Wale Au|
|2.||Hilo E||8.||O Waipa Ke Malama Mau Ai|
|3.||Rain Kilikilihune||9.||Ho'oheno A'o Pi'ilani|
|5.||No Na Hulu Kupuna||11.||Kalakaua|
|13.||In Hilo Town|