|Love Trio / Love Trio In Dub Featuring U-Roy|
|Album:||Love Trio In Dub Featuring U-Roy||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2007-04-01||Pull Date:||2007-06-03||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr|
|1.||Thu, 23 Sep 10:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Mon, 28 May 07:||Sadie O.|
|2.||Wed, 21 Apr 10:||Sunshine|
Morning Glory (sittin' in for Bobbi's Public Noize Racket)
|5.||Sat, 12 May 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Sat, 02 Jun 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|6.||Fri, 11 May 07:||Dannaman|
Love Trio – Love Trio in Dub featuring U-Roy|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/28/07
Electronic dub reggae/rockstead from New York trio, featuring one of Jamaica’s finest “toasters”, U-Roy. Music is always interesting, and U-Roy has an uncanny ability to repeat almost meaningless phrases and make it sound really cool. Many songs have rather long and random electronic intros; keep in mind while segueing.
No FCCs detected. I like 10 best, almost against my will, 3 and 7 also.
1. 4:00 **echo-laden electronic intro, downtempo dub skank with horns and rather incongruous female chorus. Groovy dance rap by U-Roy.
2. 4:36 **strings intro, then relaxed electronic bubble, hard times rap. Bit of sax ‘n’ jangles.
3. 4:38 ***very sparce intro, then sort of electronic sitar drone, then odd dancehall riddim with both fast and slow elements, pretty thick electronica. Some traditional Turkish instrument, behind all that squeebly electronic sound.
4. 5:26 **downtempo roots skank with lots of keyboard, sweet rock ‘n’ roll style rap.
5. 4:37 *electronic whistles intro, random noises, about a minute along downtempo skank with tons of echo. All instrumental dub, mostly electronic but with a sax solo.
6. 4:39 **something that sounds like an eastern strummed instrument, midtempo roots skank in dub, rap about version (gotta be stoned!) Package presented as if it was something deep and meaningful, which is pretty fun…
7. 4:53 ***bit of talk with echo intro, uptempo dancehall beat, nice syncopation, spacey rap. Odd bits and pieces of electronics.
8. 6:54 **same track as above, but with lots more random sounds, random elements.
9. 6:18 *same as track 3, dubbier and looser. Very sparce bit in middle.
10. 5:40 ****keyboard chords intro, midtempo electronic dancehall, heavily processed vocals on both rap and pretty female singing. Really fun bit of completely deconstructed rap.
|1.||Rock The Rhythm||6.||Version Galore|
|2.||Hard Livin'||7.||Flight In Dub|
|3.||Lovers Rock||8.||Flight In Dub (Dj Cil's Organic Mix)|
|4.||Shug Shimme And Shake||9.||Lovers Rock (Deadbeat Knockout)|
|5.||Goth Dub||10.||Rub A Dub Style|