intimate, melancholy electro-influenced indie pop. Hrishi Hirway sings, writes the songs and records most of this in bedroom settings. He's got a great voice that seems so close (probably mic technique). There are mostly real instruments here. The drums are often heavily processed. A really pleasant album.
My picks: 2, 3, 5, 9, 11, 12 FCC: Clean
1. med-fast acoustic guitar. hypnotic. strings and muddy drums come in later.
2. mid tempo. strummed acoustic guitar. multiple vocals act as backing instruments
3. mid tempo, ringing guitar and background, processed drums. nice brass parts in the later half
4. bass clarinet(s) anchors the tune. fairly quick drums and light guitar on top of that. nice falsetto vocals.
5. med-slow and laid back. guitar and drums with background strings. nice guitar harmonics during the chorus, nice chorus in general.
6. med-fast looped guitar part. reverbed guitars on top. processed drums behind that.
7. keyboard part starts the song with strummed acoustic guitar added later
8. dark, low-end brass. many loud vocals. alternates with softer parts
9. gorgeous mid tempo song, lead by strings and vocals.
10. distorted processed drums w/ echoed guitar on top.
11. quick-strummed guitar with vocals on top. brass parts later. a nice, simple song.
12. gorgeous instrumental with pizzicato violin and other strings
13. med-slow. guitar, vocals w/ harmonies. nice chorus