|Dying Fetus / War Of Attrition|
|Album:||War Of Attrition||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-08-05||Pull Date:||2007-10-07||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug|
|1.||Dec 19, 2009:||Bloodstains Across Atherton-Happy B-Day, Baby, Horus! |
|4.||Aug 17, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Sep 01, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Aug 11, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|3.||Aug 25, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
DYING FETUS - "War of Attrition" CD (Relapse)|
Heavy! Very Heavy death metal. The drums are ridiculous to the point of not sounding real and the guitar riffs are great. The guitar playing is the big surprise with a good handful of excellent riffs and it seems more technical than previous releases, bordering on technical death metal. Super gruff, low vocals where you can't understand a damn thing, unnecessary fast guitar runs, and songs that never sit still. When they kick it into fast gear it's pretty amazing.
**1. Whoa!. Relentless and brutal. This is the type of track those who even claim to like metal will be afraid of.
2. Simple riff that sounds stiff and vocals that sound forced. Sounds like a MISERY INDEX out-take.
3. Fast with an odd rhythm. I always find it funny when songs this heavy have a "tasteful" guitar solo. Track almost falls apart towards the end.
4. Heavy, fast and technical beginning and then they put on the breaks and play a slow pummeling sound.
**5. Brutal death metal. Straight forward and heavy. Nothing technical or fancy, just heavy.
6. Funny sweep picking. It seems forced into the song. For some reason this reminds me a little of NILE.
7. Slower grinding groove. More interesting vocals during part of the track. The different parts of the track only loosly hold together.
8. Pummeling. The vocals make me laugh.
OK Stuff. -mph
|1.||Homicidal Retribution||5.||Unadulterated Hatred|
|2.||Fate Of The Condemned||6.||The Ancient Rivalry|
|3.||Raping The System||7.||Parasites Of Catastrophe|
|4.||Insidious Repression||8.||Obsolete Deterrence|