|An Albatross / Blessphemy (Of The Peace-Beast Feastgiver And The Bear Warp Kumite)|
|Album:||Blessphemy (Of The Peace-Beast Feastgiver And The Bear Warp Kumite)||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Ace Fu Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-15||Pull Date:||2007-06-17||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
|1.||Feb 20, 2009:||orangeasm |
The Eyes Of The Jaguar
|4.||May 10, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
Tussin And Turnin' All Night
|2.||May 30, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|5.||May 09, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||May 16, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|6.||May 05, 2007:||On The Warpath |
Deth Rides A Brown Horse
AN ALBATROSS – "Blessphemy (of the Peace-Beast Feastgiver and the bear Warm Kumite) CD (Ace Fu)|
Spazz-rock. Manic, mathy, and sometimes heavy. Think THE LOCUST or early DAUGHTERS. The keyboard tone often cracked me up reminding me of DEEP PURPLE. The vocals are always screamed in a unique high-pitched voice. I heard this band once described as "carny-core" which is a perfect combination of circus, dementia and punk/hardcore.
2. This does sound like DEEP PURPLE on crack. Those keyboards and melody line. Speed it up and have a screaming lead singer!
3. Short with swirling keyboards and almost grindcore drums.
4. Noisy beginning. Then more circus like keyboards.
5. Descending guitar/keyboard riff they repeat and again drumming reaches grindcore speeds at times.
6. Funny, as if they are joking acoustic guitar track.
7. Dramatic simple keyboards with heavier guitar. Slows down enough to notice the melody on keyboards.
8. I think he's holding the keys down on his keyboard to make noise. Sounds like some horns and lots of effects. Messy.
9. Stop-n-go with lots of speed changes. Short.
10. Slow and drunk and later another riff lifted from DEEP PURPLE.
11. Metallic guitar riff.
12. Sounds with what sounds like a music box then kicks into their usual sound with more bass. Playful.
13. Full on blasts and heavier.
14. Spy keyboards mixed with midpaced hard rock and his usual screaming. Heavy and fast towards the end.
15. Noise with some sort of odd synthesizer, slower, with straight ahead drums. One of the few tracks over 2 minutes long. Almost dancy at one point.
16. Minimal noise from unknown sources. The last minute is their usual spazz-rock.
17. Sounds a hell of a lot like the last track. Ends with metal riff.
18. Quick metal scale runs on guitar. Then dramatic preacher and keyboards.
Good stuff. -mph