|Shirim Klezmer Orchestra / Mayse/Tales|
|Artist:||Shirim Klezmer Orchestra||Added:||04/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-04-29||Pull Date:||2007-07-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Jul||17 Jun||3 Jun||20 May||13 May||6 May|
|1.||Jun 29, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
|4.||Jun 01, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
|2.||Jun 26, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||May 29, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jun 12, 2007:||Eclectic Fill-In |
Legedig Naftule Bulgar
|6.||May 18, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
Fun and happy Klezmer music. Immigrant songs. Mostly instrumental, with a dominant clarinet and brass section. At the junction of Klezmer and Serbian gypsy music, with lots of bits recorded at real weddings. Fast, cheerful and uplifting. Play it!|
1. Intro. Immigrants’ first impressions of America, plus boat sounds.
*2. Weeping clarinet turns into an exuberant piece.
**3. A lone clarinet and some percussion begin. Some sort of snorkel sound effects at the background. Tuba and the rest join and pace accelerates. Nice.
4. Fast accordion and brass. Then, clarinet.
*5. Mid-tempo yet bouncy. Ellis Island reception sound effects at the beginning.
**6. Wedding music. Starts with a big hall sound, singing in Russian accompanied by piano, and then the wedding music begins with male voices and clarinet.
*7. Conversations of old NY jews at a wedding. Klezmer music at the background.
**8. A Yiddish nigun (tune). Warm clarinet and cool trombone. Nice banjo improvisations.
**9. Slow and introspective piano. Like a Yiddish Keith Jarrett. Nice trombone playing.
10. Immigrant market sounds, a mid-tempo clarinet and male voices shouting Tchatchkes (trinkets/girls).
11. A sort of jazzy/mid-eastern drum and jazzy/Klezmer clarinet and accordion.
12. Fast Klezmer music. Dominant clarinet.
13. Mid-tempo to fast. Trombone and piano. Old man singing a fast Yiddish song at the end. Cute.
|2.||Legedig Naftule Bulgar||8.||Yontov|
|6.||Grandfather And Grandmother/Odessa Bulgarish||12.||Honga Bucarest|