|Leng Tch'e / Marasmus|
|Add Date:||2007-05-20||Pull Date:||2007-07-22||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||27 May|
|1.||Jul 21, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|4.||Jul 07, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|2.||Jul 14, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Jun 30, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|3.||Jul 13, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|6.||Jun 29, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
LENG TCH'E - "Marasmus" CD (Relapse)|
Belgian grindcore. Brutal, pummeling, grindcore with a few death metal riffs and a number of tracks that have sort of a groove, maybe even a stoner groove. A few tracks come close to death-n-roll like ENTOMBED. Very heavy with bursts of speed. This is their 5th full-length and the band contains former members of ABORTED and SUPPOSITORY. One clear difference between this and their older releases is they seem very serious when they use to play around and have a sense of humor. Reminds me of recent REGURGITATE and older SUFFOCATION.
1. Very heavy with vocals you can almost understand.
2. An uncomfortable medium pace.
3. A slow groove during most of the track. I wouldn't call this grindcore.
4. Guttural vocals and straight forward grind. Slightly headbanging gallop.
**5. Simple riff, bursts of speed and multiple vocalists almost doing a call-n-response. A very rock groove during the last half of the track.
6. Eh, pummeling and slower but against feels like an uncomfortable speed.
**7. FCC. Multi-layered, fast, grindcore that reminds me of recent NAPALM DEATH.
8. Fast and messy then groove where you can understand the vocals.
9. Quiet beginning, slightly different guitar tone. Slow groove.
10. Groove metal. Hmm.
**11. Slight metalcore leanings, gang vocals and in and out of grindcore?
12. Pummeling metal that eventually grinds.
**13. More obvious metal riff, a bit like BURNT BY THE SUN. A number of different sounds. Slows down at the end.
**14. Brutal and fast grind! Slows down into a groove.
**15. Unique sounds, big growl, groove, crazy grindcore with crazy vocals.
16. Slow groove. 16. eh. Slow and vocals that sorta suck.
So so stuff. -mph