|Mothers, The / Mothers: Township Sessions, The|
|Album:||Mothers: Township Sessions, The||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-07-01||Pull Date:||2007-09-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul|
|1.||Oct 28, 2021:||Training Lunch |
|4.||Dec 04, 2009:||Mittens & Scarves |
|2.||Sep 22, 2011:||(Last Day Of) Summer-Time Sunshine |
The Written Word
|5.||Nov 06, 2009:||Mittens & Scarves |
|3.||Jun 12, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Oct 16, 2009:||Mittens & Scarves |
From South Africa. Mothers in a community-based health/nutrition organization formed a choir and recorded music with a message. Here those “PSA songs” are reworked with help from some major stars (such as Miram Makeba) and remixed into a hip, urban sound w/wicked dance grooves and a fresh and feisty feel. Lots of production with the underlying Mothers’ choir swimming through the mix. So cool!|
*1. Mid/upbeat dance groove w/a slick, catchy sound.
2. A capella intro to driving, brassy, mid/up jam w/a hint of funk.
*3. Fast dancefloor invitation w/soaring fem vox/claps/crowd noise.
4. Cool, upbeat perc, wiggly morphed choir sound, a solid urban sound.
5. Upbeat percussion, choir gradually getting more prominent.
*6. Thrumming bass, male hip-hop-esque vox.
7. Midtempo w/a dark, almost hypnotic lyricism.
8. Midtempo reggae sound backing the chorus. Relaxed.
9. Spacey midtempo w/a chill vibe.
10. Downtempo, jazzy and hip.
|1.||Milk||6.||The Written Word|
|2.||Learning||7.||Speak For Me|
|4.||Support||9.||Water For Life|