|Various Artists / Rough Guide To African Blues|
|Album:||Rough Guide To African Blues||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||May 2007|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2007-05-20||Pull Date:||2007-07-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17||Jun 10||Jun 3|
|1.||Dec 27, 2018:||Hanging in the Bone Yard |
La Tumchi Anni, Goree
|4.||Dec 01, 2010:||Getting Over the Hump! |
Feger Aydelem Wey
|2.||Dec 23, 2017:||Music Casserole (Bliues Marathon) |
|5.||Jan 22, 2009:||Sunshine ... on a Rainy Afternoon |
Feger Aydelem Wey
|3.||Dec 24, 2011:||Blue World Disorder |
La Tumchi Anni, Maloyan Devil
|6.||Jul 21, 2007:||New World Disorder |
One word: yow! Three styles of African blues: traditional African music; music influences by American blues; and US musicians teaming up with African musicians to explore the connections. Fabulous, fabulous music. Every track is amazing. |
1. Slow w/a fabulous fem vox & great guitar!
2. Lazy swamp guitar meets Moroccan Gnawa trance.
3. Delta classic gets an African makeover. Great calabash perc. mid
4. Serious, slow and sad, from the one of the Malian masters. Wow.
5. Upbeat w/soaring fem vox, chorus, really catchy groove.
6. Upbeat blend of trad instruments and electric guitars/cool vox.
7. Midtempo w/good guitars, percussion, and nasally male vox.
8. Slow w/warm, emotional fem vox & gentle guitar.
9. Groovy! 70s-ish R&B/rock/funk w/wiggly vox.
10. Great finger-picking, midtempo w/chorus.
11. Slo Afro-Swamp lope w/down & dirty vocals.
12. Mid/up w/playful sax & great fem vox. A North African sound.
13. Spare and solidly bluesy w/male lead/fem chorus. Cool.
14. Downtempo, great strings/kora, soaring vox. Serious stuff.