|Dr. Ring-Ding / Back And Forth|
|Album:||Back And Forth||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Dr. Ring-Ding||Added:||May 2007|
|Label:||Jump Up! Records|
|Add Date:||2007-05-20||Pull Date:||2007-07-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 1||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 27|
|1.||Feb 14, 2009:||Music Casserole |
In The Mood For Love
|4.||Jun 09, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jul 21, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Jun 07, 2007:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
You Make Me Sing
|3.||Jul 14, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Jun 02, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Old School Baby
Dr. Ring-Ding – Back and Forth|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/14/07
Eclectic German Reggae/Ska/Rocksteady/whathaveyou. Great musicians throughout, wide variety of vocal styles from Dr. Ring-Ding. A compilation of his own favorites, both current and from previous records. One of the few German reggae artists to consistently make the Jamaican charts.
FCC: track 13, and obvious innuendo on track 10. Faves: 1, 9, 15, 18.
1. ****Big hit w/ downtempo roots bubble by Seeed.
2. ***downtempo roots skank, gruff toast.
3. **fast classic style ska, monotone toast, with a bit of Pass the Dutchie.
4. ***jazzy uptempo ska, lounge singing – very Ocean’s 11.
5. ***uptempo riddim cobbled from bits of familiar things, bouncy early dancehall soundwith guest hip hop rap from G-Clef.
6. **midtempo dancehall with monotone toast, a bit menacing sounding.
7. ***midtempo skank, just to nice up de dance. Yay!
8. ***uptempo ska, happy singing with a bit of New Orleans influence.
9. ****midtempo roots bubble, fun lyrics, vocal duet.
10. ***midtempo ska, cover of an innuendo-laden classic. Innuendo-laden enough to be FCC violation? Use your judgement…
11. ***midtempo rock steady skank, mostly instrumental with a bit of vocal encouragement. Lots of great solos.
12. **midtempo roots skank, self-congratulatory toast.
13. FCC: “pussy looking for de cock” VERY naughty dancehall rap. May be a “fuck” in there, too.
14. ***midtempo dancehall skank, nice electronic riddim, guest rap from King Django. First rap I’ve ever heard to include the word “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”…
15. ****downtempo easy-rocking ska, fun lyrics, singing a bit back in the mix. Infectious as hell riddim.
16. **midtempo classic ska, super-sweet sax solo, diatribe against rude boy behavior.
17. ***big band midtempo calypso, nice singing, cover of a Mighty Sparrow song about witchcraft and marriage. Fine horns, goofy semi-spoken interlude.
18. ****midtempo roots skank, sweet riddim, some toast and some falsetto singing.
19. **downtempo roots skank, gruff toast celebrating girls.
20. **slow dubby syncopated skank, old-school toast.
21. ***downtempo, happy lover’s rock, sung cover of the swing classic. Melodica solo!
|1.||Doctor's Darling||11.||The Sticks|
|3.||Ram Di Dance - Ska Version||13.||Dash Weh Yuh Frock|
|4.||You Make Me Sing||14.||Feast|
|5.||My Sound Remix||15.||Big Man|
|8.||Seven Days (One Week)||18.||Old School Baby|
|9.||What It Takes||19.||Big Up|
|10.||The Needle||20.||Love In Your Heart|
|21.||In The Mood For Love|