|Estuary / Craft Of Contradiction, The|
|Album:||Craft Of Contradiction, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Ibex Moon Records|
|Add Date:||2007-06-24||Pull Date:||2007-08-26||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||19 Aug||12 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 06 May 09:||bobbi|
public noize racket
|4.||Fri, 10 Aug 07:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Sat, 18 Aug 07:||mufaor|
|5.||Wed, 25 Jul 07:||watsupman|
|3.||Sat, 11 Aug 07:||mufaor|
|6.||Sat, 21 Jul 07:||mufaor|
ESTUARY - "The Craft of Contradiction" CD (Ibex Moon)|
Straight forward modern death thrash metal with female vocals you won't believe. There are slight thrash influences and slight black metal influences. Lots of guitar solos, solid riffs and those guttural vocal. There are some sounds of death metal past, including parts that remind me of POSSESSED, DESTRUCTION, AUTOPSY and some thrash from the late 80s. There are even some melodic guitar riffs that could be IRON MAIDEN. From Cincinnati, OH.
**1. Fast with tremolo picked guitar lines. Then a guitar solo that could be off a SLAYER record. Instrumental.
2. Why does this remind me of FORBIDDEN. Vocals are almost understandable. Slow heavy section halfway through the song that almost sounds like a mosh part.
**3. Fast and thrash sounding. Nice basic metal riff. A slight gallop and a few more melodic riffs. The end has a slow, fists in the air section.
**4. A bit more complex with more changes in speed and more riffs.
**5. More bombastic with obvious 80s thrash riffs. Reminds me a bit of some speed metal from the late 80s. Fast.
6. Slow, melodic guitar centric beginning. More tremolo picking on guitar. Ends acoustic?
7. Straight forward and fast. Vocals sound a little forced. Slightly bombastic. Speed metal.
8. Opens with more of a rock riff and kicks into mid-paced thrash. Multiple vocalists and they sound evil.
9. Another melodic with a guitar solo. I like that the two guitars are often play completely different things. Riffs galore and more of the dual vocals that sounds evil.
10. Quick guitar, dramatic drums, deep guttural vocals. Nice headbanging thrash goodness. Ends slow and with a guitar solo.
Good stuff. -mph
|1.||Enduring The Illusion||6.||Heirs To The Throne Of Fear|
|2.||Creation Damnation||7.||Cleansed Of All Wisdom|
|3.||Lies Of Promise||8.||Belief Addictions|
|4.||Trans-Dimensional Scourge||9.||Frailty In Numbers|
|5.||A Disease Called Dogma||10.||Cardinal Points To Die Upon|