|Zettaimu / Zettaimu|
|Add Date:||2007-05-27||Pull Date:||2007-07-29|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun|
|1.||Jun 02, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||May 28, 2007:||Disorderly Ducks |
|2.||May 31, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
Zettaimu - Zettaimu|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/22/07
Japanese prog/psychedelic/hard/folk/alt rock. Selections from their three albums. 4 members, female and male vocalists. Influences include British prog rock (I thought I heard Crimson in there!), Kate Bush, glam, early metal… Interesting stuff (but no “Eastern Europe motif”, alas…)
No FCCs detected, although the English can be hard to fathom.
I like track 1 a lot, tracks 2, 6 and 9 are also good.
1. 3:39 ****starts right off with power chords. Slow and ponderous with pretty female vocals in Japanese. Syncopated prog-rock bit in the middle.
2. 5:07 ***prominent bassline, vocals in English, often undecipherable.
3. 2:17 **60’s psychedelic folk, slow, with several guitars, male vocals.
4. 5:01 **slow and ponderous, rather orchestral, some eastern minor-key in the keyboard. Female vocals in English, bit of Frippish guitar.
5. 1:55 **more 60’s psychedelic folk, male vocals in quite understandable English.
6. 5:57 ***more slow and ponderous, big guitar and bass. Female vocals in Japanese. Great oddball guitar chords in second half.
7. 6:38 **midtempo, rather nasal female vocals in Japanese, male backup vocals in unison. Lots of sound effects, long bit with chimes.
8. 4:44 slow folk rock, male vocals in English with female backup. Adds layers – electric guitar, keyboard.
9. 5:20 ***Spanish-influenced chord structure, downtempo with male vocals in English, female backing. Elements of 60’s psychedelia.
10. 7:12 **marching and bits of guitar and stuff.. Then very subdued female vocals in Japanese and English, almost a merry-go-round atmosphere, but very low-key. Some fairly disturbed effects towards end.
11. 3:41 *arpeggios and both male and female vocals in English. Slow, dramatic drums but not much beat… Lyrics appear to be a love song, but I don’t believe them.
|3.||In The Decadent Times||8.||Twilight In My Life|
|4.||What Can I Do||9.||Namu-Amidabutsu Iii|
|5.||Looking For Myself||10.||???|