|Strom, Yale & Hot Pstromi / Absolutely Complete Introduction To Klezmer, The|
|Album:||Absolutely Complete Introduction To Klezmer, The||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Strom, Yale & Hot Pstromi||Added:||06/2007|
|Label:||Transcontinental Music Publications|
|Add Date:||2007-06-10||Pull Date:||2007-08-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun|
|1.||Aug 07, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Karahod Fun Varshe
|4.||Jul 20, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
Mitn Fidle, Besarabish Bulgar
|2.||Jul 31, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jul 03, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jul 27, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
Rumeynish Serba, Karahod Fun Varshe
|6.||Jun 29, 2007:||the jewish alternative |
The companion CD to a book which collects “lost” klezmer tunes many thought to have disappeared during the Holocaust. All very well played, and much too short – only 2 tracks over 3 minutes long. All instrumentals w/clarinet, accordion, violin, countrabass. You can’t go wrong with any track, but these were my favs:|
1. A bouncy, midtempo happy sound.
3. Wacky fast w/a cartoonish energy. Great fun.
5. Another fun track w/a tripping melody.
6. Mid/upbeat and jazzy with some extra good strings.
10. Mid/upbeat and gypsy-ish w/a nice bounce.
13. Bright clarinet-driven folk dance.
15. Happy, bouncy polka-esque dance.
19. Squeaky clarinet in a midtempo folk song.
20. Slow w/more than a hint of jazz. Picks up a bit.
24. An upbeat, folksy toe-tapper.
26. Almost a bluegrass tinge to this midtempo one.
29. Bright, sharp clarinet, trilling accordion. Midtempo.
32. Mid/upbeat and tripping w/a catchy beat.
35. Light w/a catchy halting rhythm. Mostly midtempo.