Navajo-Ute flutist Nakai and Israeli-born cellist Bar-David team up for instrumental folk/new age. Light percussion as well by long-time Nakai collaborator Will Clipman. Tracks range from distinctly Native American to borderline classical to Jewish folk-inspired tunes. Mostly slow and reflective, all beautifully played.
1. Slow & spare with a contemplative air.
2. Slow, with beautiful solos. Peaceful and thoughtful.
*3. Slow interplays between two cultures. Really lovely.
*4. Upbeat w/a middle eastern sound. Perc/cello duet, no flute.
*5. Solo flute. Evocative of dreaming. Peaceful, simple, slow.
6. Solo cello. Slow and rather sad.
7. Amazing Grace. Beautiful flute. Slow and thoughtful.
8. Slow, wonderful cello work w/sweet, clear flute.
*9. Sweet Native-themed. Slow, with sweet harmonies.
*10. Catchy, more upbeat cello/perc duet. Really nice.
11. Slow and sad, with a sort of tragic fragility.
12. Slow, lyrical duet w/a classical air.
13. Slow cello/perc blend. Serious.
14. Sort of mid w/a light, tripping sound. Spare.