Very abstract free jazz/compositions for small ensemble including tuba.
1. Slow, careful, playful. Nice shapes and lines and blobs. Sparse. One *very* quiet part at the halfway point.
2. More chords, patient. A few tangly wiggly ensemble parts like a spider dancing silly.
*3. Breath and pad-tapping. Theatrical somehow.
*4. Upbeat jazzy, danceable, fun. Funny to hear the tuba going so fast. Some great riffs.
5. Spazzy, could be a soundtrack to Kandinsky paintings. Last 50 seconds pretty quiet.
*6. Outerspace. Most “out” sound-wise. Kissing/mouthpiece sounds and i can only guess what else. Sounds electronic screechy. Pretty. ha, some of the mouthpiece parts even sound like turntable scratching. cool.
*7. Abstract, disjunct chord theme start, to jazz band *almost* dixieland. Freewheeling and winding. Very fun clarinet/tuba duet in the 1st 3rd of the piece. Spazz tuba later – wow. I want to see his face while he’s playing.
8. Sparse. More electronic-like sounds – probably cymbals. Delicate and patient, slow, spacey.
9. Mellow dissonant. Breath sounds, flute prominent.