|Isle Of Klezbos / Greetings From The Isle Of Klezbos|
|Album:||Greetings From The Isle Of Klezbos||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Isle Of Klezbos||Added:||06/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-09-23||Pull Date:||2007-11-25||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Aug 16, 2011:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Abi Gezunt Medley
|4.||Nov 09, 2007:||thats not bluegrass |
Revery In Hijaz
|2.||Nov 23, 2007:||That's Not Bluegrass- really! |
|5.||Nov 06, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Nov 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Nov 02, 2007:||thats not bluegrass |
Szol A Kakas Mar
Solidly-performed klezmer music. Mostly folk dances of various tempos/cultures. Some vocals as well. Wonderful performances throughout, will make you want to go to a wedding and dance. Includes 3 live tracks (10, 11, 14) w/applause but the sound quality on these 3 isn’t the best and it’s hard to hear everything. |
1. A slow, processional hora. Stately & elegant.
*2. Upbeat & catchy dance w/sharply bright clarinet.
3. Midtempo Arabic-themed dance.
*4. Starts slow, picks up. Put a bottle on your head & dance!
5. Slow accordion/bass duet. Can go right into #6.
*6. Wacky-fast, fun w/a hint of a Latin influence. So good!!
*7. Downtempo, but hip w/a jazz groove buried underneath.
8. Fem vocalist, almost opera on a lullaby. Slow, sad, moving.
9. Sweet, mid/up waltz that straddles the old & new worlds.
10. Slow accordion, eventually a fast folk dance.
11. Live version of #3. Rather quiet.
12. Trumpet/clarinet duet. Slow, quiet, yet emotional.
13. Midtempo folk bounce. Bright, too short.
14. Suite of dances. Starts slow, picks up. W/vocals.