|Ranglin, Ernest / Roots Man Dub|
|Album:||Roots Man Dub||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Ranglin, Ernest||Added:||Jun 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-06-17||Pull Date:||2007-08-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 12||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24|
|1.||Aug 23, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Black Star Dub
|4.||Jul 28, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Rock My Dub
|2.||Dec 30, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Black Star Dub
|5.||Jul 21, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Aug 07, 2007:||A2Z |
|6.||Jul 07, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Black Star Dub
Ranglin, Alvin - Roots Man Dub|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/6/07
Roots Reggae dub. Based around the Roots Man Dub album released in 1978 with a bunch of extra tracks added. Instrumentals with occasional small snippets of the vocals left in. Nice to hear really roots dub, when we’re getting a lot of way out on the margin uber-dub these days. Reggae historians can find info on each track by unfolding the insert completely. One thing that strikes me is how hot the rhythm sections are. This is why I fell for Reggae music in the first place.
Damn few vocals, no FCCs. Really, everything is similar, although the dub tends to get thicker as you go through the collection.
1. 2:56 **somewhat downtempo roots skank with a bit of bubble.
2. 3:47 ***bouncy midtempo skank
3. 3:20 **midtempo bubble with double-time tom.
4. 3:16 ***happy, bouncy midtempo skank with some bubbling keyboards. Gets nice and dubby.
5. 2:12 **laid back and downtempo, drum and bass and piano. Drummie is HOT.
6. 4:04 **midtempo bubble, nice full sound with horns.
7. 3:20 **classic reggae bass line, syncopated skank.
8. 3:15 **more of the same. Not that I’m complaining!
9. 3:10 ***rather uptempo, almost Rock Steady, some vocals (Dillinger classic, actually) way in the background.
10. 3:24 **sweet bubble, lots of vocals apparent at the start.
11. 3:29 ***midtempo danceable bounce.
12. 3:47 ****yummy slightly downtempo skank with guitar and fun noises.
13. 3:35 ***swingy, rather relaxed. Tiny bits of falsetto vocals.
14. 3:32 **rather churchical intro, lots of horns in the track.
15. 3:30 **midtempo very basic skank. Bits of vocals. Use this track to teach kids the fundamentals of reggae…
1. 4:10 ***thick, yummy dub skank. TINY bits of vocals, a few gnarly noises.
2. 4:08 ****uptempo, almost Rock Steady skank, snatches of “Midnight Hour” and toasting.
3. 3:54 **big sound, horns.
4. 4:03 **guitar and keyboards, hints of vocals.
5. 4:20 **slow Rock Steady skank, horns. Bits of vocals, syndrums.
6. 3:50 ***very slow, with some doubletime drumming and percussion.
7. 3:19 **very dubby, with keyboards, bits of lyrics.
8. 4:10 ***midtempo bubble, some female vocals
9. 4:04 **soulful downtempo bubble, snips of vocals.
10. 4:03 **mellow skank with prominent bits of vocals.
11. 4:09 ****whistles and syndrum, bits of vocals, downtempo skank, lots of odd noises.
12. 3:18 ***midtempo bubble, guitar that sounds almost C&W.
13. 3:42 ****upbeat bubble with horns and syndrums, hints of female vocals.
14. 4:28 ***slightly uptempo, upbeat bubble with melodica, bits of vocals, cover of Stand By Me.
|1.||Black Star Dub||15.||Mad Dub|
|2.||Roots Man Dub||16.||Let Me Dub|
|3.||Runaway Dub||17.||Midnight Dub|
|4.||Iron Gate||18.||Don't Worry Dub|
|5.||Rockers Dub||19.||Rock My Dub|
|6.||Dub On The Track||20.||Get You Dubbing|
|7.||Macabak Rock||21.||Tell Me The Dub|
|8.||Ital Collie||22.||See Me Dub|
|9.||Herb Man Skank||23.||No Yo Yo Dub|
|10.||Heartical Dub||24.||You Want A Dub|
|11.||Let Dub Abide||25.||A Warning Dub|
|12.||Loving Dub||26.||Run Come Dub|
|13.||Over Africa||27.||Each Day Dub|
|14.||Dub Again Rasta||28.||Soulful Dub|
|29.||Stand By Dub|