|Various Artists / Chicas Project, The: Official Soundtrack|
|Album:||Chicas Project, The: Official Soundtrack||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-07-08||Pull Date:||2007-09-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 15 Dec 15:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio In Memoriam DOUGLAS TOMPKINS
|4.||Fri, 05 Nov 10:||Alan|
|2.||Thu, 18 Aug 11:||MCarmen|
|5.||Sat, 13 Mar 10:||Eme O|
|3.||Thu, 21 Jul 11:||MCarmen|
|6.||Sun, 26 Aug 07:||Steven|
[coll]: Chicas Project: Official Soundtrack|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/3/07
Modern Latin club music, mostly from Mexico but a few tracks from elsewhere. Lots of electronica, a bit of funk and reggae, one electronic cumbia, but more American club with Spanish vocals, or just Latin bands doing American club grooves. Soundtrack to a Mun2 reality show. Some really choice stuff here, and at least one real stinkeroo.
No FCCs detected. 1, 4, 6 and 8 are best in my book.
1. 5:28 ****slightly uptempo Reggae skank with Reggaeton-style vocals. Sucky bit of English vocals in second half.
2. 3:34 **funky riddim, but very commercial vocals mostly in English.
3. 3:55 ***lots of syncopation, hand drums and electronics. Cumbia! Oddly restrained, however.
4. 4:29 ****electronic intro fades in slowly, then downtempo slinky groove with very nice female vocals in Spanish.
5. 3:47 ***midtempo electronic Latin-Reggae bop. Bits of vocals, a bit dubby. Upbeat, dance-y feel.
6. 3:22 ****uptempo rock-bop with poltics-bashing vocals in English.
7. 3:50 **midtempo dance/rave beat with repeated “Hey Tia!”
8. 4:11 ****downtempo, ultragroovy ultrafunky boppy reggae riddim.
9. 4:12 ***chugging rock riddim, male vocals in Spanish.
10. 4:21 ***upbeat and oh-so-happy-sounding loungy beachy stuff with whistling and the kind of drinks that come with paper umbrellas.
11. 4:00 ***slow electronic funky trance-y stuff with occasional bits of hip hoppy vocals.
12. 4:17 ***midtempo dance beat with Latin hand percussion and horns, and repeated “Dandy del Sur.”
13. 4:03 mellow electronics, not much beat, sweet folk pop vocals in Spanish that make me want to slap the guy.
14. 5:29 *acoustic guitar intro, then downbeat electronic shuffle with pretty female vocals in Spanish.
15. 5:24 ***longish random intro, then fast guitar/electronic bouncy Latin dub. No vocals.
16. 4:06 *solo vocal intro slowly adding layers of electronics. Uptempo slightly funky electronic riddim, sweet vocals in Spanish.
17. 4:41 **uptempo electronic dance beat, female vocals in Spanish. Helped considerably by odd bloopy farty noises.