Obscure late 80’s LA psyche-garage rock band either re-released or simply bootlegged by our Croatian buddies. Full on psyche, retro garage unrepentant love fest (with a huge nod to funk in two tracks!), most recorded live, low-fi, at various California venues (including the Berkeley Square, 1986). This 60’s rebirth stuff was pretty big in LA in the 80’s. For more definitely check the Dionysus Records catalog. Fans of 13th Floor Elevators, Stooges, Marshmallow Overcoat, Yard Trauma, Chrome Cranks, Dick Dale even take note. Every single track is done right. Pick any, really! Don’t miss the Funkadelic cover (track 8 !!!) and the Pink Floyd one (track 10 !!!).
1) quintessential retro psyche with the “wow” screams and ultra big muff fuzzy guitar leads
2) halting beat
3) slight surf backbeat
4) surf madness, bad-ass, raw live feel
5) smoking sexy feel, good scream to start, bad-ass
6) very low-fi, balls out rockin though, good raw feel all around
7) oh man, super swinging sexy breakdown in middle, kicks ass
8) HOLY SHIT!! It’s a garage punk rippin version of Funkadelic’s “super stooped”!!!! PLAY!!!
9) full on funky madness with dirgey rocky bridge, not psyche, definitely cool
10) kick ass cover of (early) Pink Floyd’s “nile song”, great!
11) studio recording: cool bad ass, sneering
12) echoey/reverbed, dirgier, goes double time, cool stuff in a psycho Iggy and the Stooges way