|Gnahore, Dobet / Na Afriki|
|Add Date:||2007-07-22||Pull Date:||2007-09-23||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||23 Sep||16 Sep||2 Sep||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul|
|1.||Feb 05, 2022:||Music Casserole |
Pillage, Jho Avido
|4.||Sep 18, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jan 12, 2019:||global sounds |
|5.||Sep 14, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Feb 06, 2012:||Afro Beats |
|6.||Sep 11, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
(DOH-bay gna-OR-ay). From the Ivory Coast, delicious pan-African vocals ranging from sweet ballads to upbeat African grooves. Backed by a wonderful band and back-up singers, this release is a delight throughout. Fresh, at times funky, always fabulous. She is the real deal and, most impressive, she sings in about 8 different African languages. Read the lyrics, her songs have a lot to say. One star for everything.|
1. Bright & swaying mid/upbeat w/cool chorus/band.
2. Starts slowish, gets into an upbeat track w/funk/rock overtones.
3. Relaxed, sweet, and warm. Delicious.
4. Midtempo w/a hip groove & cool vocals.
5. Mid/upbeat w/a sweet pan-African groove.
6. Powerful ballad w/emotional lyrics, gentle flute/strings.
7. Male chorus, midtempo. A lazy sway.
8. Bouncy mid/uptempo and catchy. So good.
9. Upbeat groove w/an infectious wiggle. Yay!
10. Perc backs call/response round chanting. Very cool. Ends early.
11. Guitar, midtempo cool male/fem vox and chorus.
12. Kora, guitar, soaring vox. Mostly midtempo & powerful.
13. Short, slow, moving a capella song of mourning.
14. Bright & catchy song – sounds happy but it’s about massacres.
15. Sweet, catchy perc. Good chorus, mid/up & hopeful.