You really can’t go wrong with a Putumayo compilation, and this is no exception. Solid Latin jazz featuring hot horns, hotter percussion, and tight arrangements. Not a dud in the bunch. Mostly instrumentals.
1. At heart a midtempo cha-cha but w/a sweet jazz groove.
2. Horns, vox & perc on a relaxed but sexy little Cuban salsa.
3. Nicely swaying w/great strings/brass/perc. Very sweet.
4. Sophisticated big band cha-cha w/a highly polished sound.
5. Vox & sweet percussion. Midtempo & nicely plinky.
6. So cool, laidback Gershwin classic. Double yum.
7. Catchy midtempo wiggle w/a hip retro feel. Cool vibes.
8. Relaxed w/vox & great trombone/guitar.
9. Sharp, clear trumpet leads this cool midtempo Cuban jam.
10. Piano/horns a hot band. Jazzy, funky goodness. Mid/up.