|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jun 2007|
|Label:||Minor 7 Flat 5|
|Add Date:||2007-07-01||Pull Date:||2007-09-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8|
|1.||Feb 12, 2018:||Everything A to Z episode 121
Bodo Riddim Version
|4.||Aug 11, 2007:||New World Disorder
Me Come From
|2.||Aug 25, 2007:||New World Disorder
|5.||Aug 08, 2007:||blee blee blee
|3.||Aug 18, 2007:||New World Disorder
Shout It Out
|6.||Aug 04, 2007:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/30/07
Roots reggae riddim, with vocals by some big stars and some newcomers. Using one riddim to back a variety of vocalists is increasingly common practice in Reggae these days. The Bodo riddim is a pleasant roots skank around 3:54 long. Listening to almost an hour of the same riddim is a bit odd, but it’s fun to see how different artists have used it…
Single FCCs on 5 and 7. I like 13 best just because he sounds nuts.
1. ***sweet singing about the effects of poverty. Fine lyrics and delivery.
2. **gruff dancehall vocals, repetitive but entertaining.
3. ***baritone vocals, partially sung, partially dancehall style. Female chorus adds to the sound. Nice stuff.
4. ***pretty and distinctive singing by a guy who’s been making hits since the rock steady days. May be autobiographical…
5. FCC – I think he says “fucked.” dual vocals – one sings like Gregory Isaacs, the other is dancehall. The dancehall bit is anti-abortion.
6. ***starts very low-key with talking, then Sizzla’s signature half-crazed-sounding rapping. Nothing particularly crazed about the lyrics, though.
7. FCC – “bullshit” at 2:02 along. **starts with rasta preaching. Female dancehall vocals with male chorus, sweet lyrics. Too bad about the bullshit…
8. *partially falsetto vocals, odd love song.
9. **starts with a bit of rasta preaching. Dual vocals.
10. **starts with a fair bit of talking. Dancehall with rasta lyrics.
11. **dancehall about false friends.
12. ***solid dancehall by a master. Lots of lyrics heavily based on a classic Inner Circle hit, “Tenement Yard.”
13. ****totally nutted dancehall vocals. No idea what he’s carrying on about.
14. **the riddim – instrumental.
|2.||Ras Myrhdak||Prince Of Fyah|
|5.||Smokie Benz & Tony Tuff||Fulfillment Time|
|6.||Sizzla||Shout It Out|
|9.||Josie Mel & Lutan Fyah||This Whole World|
|10.||Ricky Ticky||Almighty King|
|11.||Anthony Red Roze||Prement|
|12.||Beenie Man||Rude Boy|
|13.||Al Pancho||Me Come From|
|14.||Brotherman||Bodo Riddim Version|