|Dub Rebellion / Live And Wicked Dub|
|Album:||Live And Wicked Dub||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2007-07-08||Pull Date:||2007-09-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||9 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||22 Jul||15 Jul|
|1.||Mon, 25 Feb 19:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Thu, 05 Aug 10:||Abra|
|2.||Mon, 25 May 15:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Mon, 28 Sep 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' For PACC)
|3.||Thu, 28 Oct 10:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Thu, 27 Aug 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Dub Rebellion – Live and Wicked Dub|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/2/07
Roots dub from Croatia, with a significant dose of psychedelia. Lyrics all in English, very Rasta in content. Interestingly, although the message is straight from Jamaica, they don’t find it necessary to fake a patois, and although the beat is almost always a skank, the instrumentation and delivery is mostly psychedelic rock.
No FCCs detected. 9 and 3 best, as well as the versions (11, 12).
1. 3:46 crickets and campfire noises, and a Jamaican guy philosophizing. Thing is, he’s not spouting the same old Rasta catch phrases, he’s actually PHILOSOPHIZING. No music.
2. 6:01 **psychedelic rock skank. Rasta lyrics.
3. 3:53 ***somewhat downtempo roots rock, nice fat sound.
4. 7:04 **slow, rather mysterious dub skank with melodica and electric guitar.
5. 3:30 **midtempo skank, diatribe lyrics.
6. 2:50 **hyperactive ska
7. 4:29 **midtempo syncopated dub skank
8. 3:51 **solo flute intro, psychedelic rock with one-drop beat.
9. 3:33 ****somewhat uptempo dub skank with some psychedelic sound.
10. 3:44 **a bit uptempo skank with a bit of double-time hand drums.
11. 6:00 ***instrumental version of track 2. I like it better as a version!
12. 3:57 ***instrumental version of track 3. Nice!
13. 4:19 **starts oddly, with the fade out from the previous track. Nyahbinghi hand drum and harmonica – rather unusual. Increases in speed. Ends about 11 seconds early.
|1.||Nasi Ben Yisrael||7.||Fire|
|2.||Trip To Jah||8.||What You Got|
|4.||Live And Wicked Dub||10.||Stop Asking|
|5.||Hipocrisy||11.||Trip To Version|
|6.||Better Place||12.||Ina Verson|