|Nawal / Aman|
|Add Date:||2007-08-12||Pull Date:||2007-10-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 14||Oct 7||Sep 23||Sep 16||Sep 9||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19|
|1.||Jul 22, 2010:||Sunshine . . . in the Almost Full Moon Afternoon! |
|4.||Oct 02, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Oct 10, 2007:||public noize racket |
Ode A Maarouf, Salama
|5.||Sep 18, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Swing Ta Vie
|3.||Oct 09, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Sep 14, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
A female singer/musician from the Comoros Islands (between Africa & Madagascar). Now based in France. Here she honors her Sufi roots while showing the influence of her European surroundings. She plays guitar and gambusi (sort of an oud) and is joined by contrabass, mbira, perc, and chorus. It’s relaxing, almost hypnotic at times, and her warm husky voice really grows on you. In Comorian, Arabic, French & English.|
*1. Starts slow, gets mid. Sweet, lightly driving, very cool.
2. Plinky mbira, light percussion. Midtempo w/sweet use of chorus.
3. Light perc, spoken word, rather lazy, contemplative, ends w/chants.
*4. Claps, midtempo yet driving w/a swaying, catchy sound.
5. Strong fem chorus, light guitars, midtempo w/a hopeful sound.
*6.Sweet strings, lightly bouncy, a warm, sweet little sway.
7. Mid/upbeat w/sharp shakers & lazy guitars. Nice vocals.
8. A strong Sufi sound starts slow, picks up. Vocals go places.
9. Perc/strings back soaring vocals in an anthem of female rights.
*10. Upbeat and catchy w/a Franco-African sound. So good.
11. Slow, moving a capella track w/a traditional Comoran sound.
*12. Slow, kind of dark and trance-like. Picks up, stays powerful.
|2.||Narizambe||8.||Ode A Maarouf|
|4.||Kweli Ii||10.||L'amour Sorcier|
|5.||Leo Ni Leo||11.||Dandzi|
|6.||Swing Ta Vie||12.||Aman|