|Red Light / Demo|
|Add Date:||2007-07-15||Pull Date:||2007-09-16|
|Week Ending:||16 Sep||26 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul|
|1.||Jul 03, 2009:||Trailways |
|4.||Nov 27, 2007:||A2Z |
|2.||Apr 24, 2008:||A2Z |
|5.||Sep 12, 2007:||Business Time |
|3.||Feb 07, 2008:||A2Z |
|6.||Aug 22, 2007:||Dig this folks: Dr Furious |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
File under Sonic Youth. Un-fucking-believable! 120 miles west of Athens, Greece, trapped in a little town called Egeo, four incredibly talented high school students channel Sonic Youth through a wall of shoegazing guitars, post-rocking grooves and a singer who sounds like the illegitimate child of a Kurt Cobain (Nirvana), Peter Murphy (Bauhaus) and Ian Curtis (Joy Division) menage a trois. Dry, hard-plucked, melody-driving bass lines (think Joy Division) going up against some amazing guitar work (Glen Branca, Sonic Youth) and a visceral drummer with the intensity of a metal-head and the percussive change-ups of Brandon Canty (Fugazi). Hail Greek teenage riot… SYR salutes you! Red Light is the band of the year!|
Play 3, 6, 4, 1, 5, 2
1. Spacemen 3/My Bloody Valentine sounding guitar shoegaze, post-rocking bass groove. Emoting guitar melodies haunted by dissonant guitar chords.
2. Pleasant, harmonius, “scenic”, up-lifting, straight-up rocking. 4AD-ish pop vocals. Breathes optimism and comfort.
3. Sonic Youth intro elevates to some metallic guitar playing (Glen Branca) and then switches into a bouncy post-punk bass-driven chop with a Nirvanesque vocal chorus.
4. A very 90s track. Thick balls-out surfy grooves (think Man or AstroMan) interjecting with noisier Sonic Youth-ish rocking. All done in incredibly fast tempos!
5. Visceral. Hard-rocking. Borderline psychotic. Joy Division meets Nirvana. Nice coda as it transiently quiets down.
6. Fucking epic! Climaxes out to fast metal drumming and a shredding wall of guitar noise (Swell Maps, Rhys Chatham).
|2.||Romantic Thoughts||5.||I Was...|
|3.||This Place||6.||I Command You|