|Bardezbanian, Alan Shavarsh And His Middle Eastern Ensemble / Oud Masterpieces From Armenia, Turkey, And The Middle East|
|Album:||Oud Masterpieces From Armenia, Turkey, And The Middle East||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Bardezbanian, Alan Shavarsh And His Middle Eastern Ensemble||Added:||Jul 2007|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2008-01-27||Pull Date:||2008-03-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 9||Mar 2||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3|
|1.||Jan 25, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Nov 19, 2008:||Orangeasm |
|2.||Dec 07, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Apr 16, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|3.||Aug 08, 2011:||Trainee Special |
|6.||Mar 27, 2008:||World Beat |
Armenian folk tunes played by Bardezbanian and his Middle Eastern Ensemble. Expertly played with lots of strings (oud, guitar, violin) plus accordion & perc. At times belly dance-ish, at others stately & evocative. Good stuff, especially:|
1. Slow into makes way for lively, joyful folk dance.
2. Relaxed with sharp perc & warm and swaying strings.
4. Slow & rather nostalgic & sad.
6. Sweet klezmer-esque folk ode. Midtempo.
7. Upbeat, warm, very late night at the café.
8. Upbeat and lively w/busy orchestration. Fiery & fun.
10. Up & insistent, very dancey & festive.
12. Uptempo wiggle w/a swaying melody.
13. Great middle-eastern flavored mid/upbeat folk dance.
14. A happy toe-tapper with a nicely whiney sound.
17. Mostly midtempo & flowing w/a elegant lyricism.