|Bardezbanian, Alan Shavarsh And His Middle Eastern Ensemble / Oud Masterpieces From Armenia, Turkey, And The Middle East|
|Album:||Oud Masterpieces From Armenia, Turkey, And The Middle East||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Bardezbanian, Alan Shavarsh And His Middle Eastern Ensemble||Added:||07/2007|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2008-01-27||Pull Date:||2008-03-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||30 Mar||23 Mar||16 Mar||9 Mar||2 Mar||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb|
|1.||Sat, 25 Jan 14:||Eme O|
|4.||Wed, 19 Nov 08:||Brick|
|2.||Sat, 07 Dec 13:||Eme O|
|5.||Wed, 16 Apr 08:||dj natty and dj brick|
nag champa orangeasm
|3.||Mon, 08 Aug 11:||trainee|
|6.||Thu, 27 Mar 08:||rohit|
Armenian folk tunes played by Bardezbanian and his Middle Eastern Ensemble. Expertly played with lots of strings (oud, guitar, violin) plus accordion & perc. At times belly dance-ish, at others stately & evocative. Good stuff, especially:|
1. Slow into makes way for lively, joyful folk dance.
2. Relaxed with sharp perc & warm and swaying strings.
4. Slow & rather nostalgic & sad.
6. Sweet klezmer-esque folk ode. Midtempo.
7. Upbeat, warm, very late night at the café.
8. Upbeat and lively w/busy orchestration. Fiery & fun.
10. Up & insistent, very dancey & festive.
12. Uptempo wiggle w/a swaying melody.
13. Great middle-eastern flavored mid/upbeat folk dance.
14. A happy toe-tapper with a nicely whiney sound.
17. Mostly midtempo & flowing w/a elegant lyricism.