Armenian folk tunes played by Bardezbanian and his Middle Eastern Ensemble. Expertly played with lots of strings (oud, guitar, violin) plus accordion & perc. At times belly dance-ish, at others stately & evocative. Good stuff, especially:
1. Slow into makes way for lively, joyful folk dance.
2. Relaxed with sharp perc & warm and swaying strings.
4. Slow & rather nostalgic & sad.
6. Sweet klezmer-esque folk ode. Midtempo.
7. Upbeat, warm, very late night at the café.
8. Upbeat and lively w/busy orchestration. Fiery & fun.
10. Up & insistent, very dancey & festive.
12. Uptempo wiggle w/a swaying melody.
13. Great middle-eastern flavored mid/upbeat folk dance.
14. A happy toe-tapper with a nicely whiney sound.
17. Mostly midtempo & flowing w/a elegant lyricism.