|Transkapela / Klezmer Carpathian Music|
|Album:||Klezmer Carpathian Music||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2007-08-05||Pull Date:||2007-10-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 7||Sep 23||Sep 16||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12|
|1.||May 01, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Sep 11, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Nuta Bukowinska - Ow Mohura
|2.||Oct 02, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Aug 31, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Sep 18, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Aug 28, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
This 4-piece band plays klezmer in the style of itinerant Carpathian musicians of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Folksy, earthy, very catchy. Very well played instrumentals, mostly strings: violin, trumpet, cello, perc, dulcimer, viola.|
1. Starts slow, gets mid and becomes nicely toe-tapping.
*2. Voices in back, then two upbeat wedding dances.
*3. Upbeat, tinny, seems to be falling over itself.
4. Midtempo w/strings and percussion.
5. Solo fiddle then dulcimer then strings. Mid, then picks up.
*6. Trumpet starts mid, then an upbeat mélange. Bright.
7. Midtempo tango-esque w/a dark sort of beat to it.
*8. Bright, midtempo hora that gets lyrical.
9. Starts slow, rather dark. Becomes a mid/up medley.
10. Spoken intro to 3 gypsy folk dances. Mid then upbeat, then mid.
*11. Dulcimer carries this tinny, old-fashioned waltz. Very sweet.
12. Toe-tapping upbeat folk dance.
13. Short (38 seconds) w/a buzzing whistle & perc. Upbeat.
*14. Slow introduction picks up and becomes a fast dance.
15. Slow hora w/a pretty, nostalgic quality. Kind of sad.
16. 10+ minutes. Starts slow, picks up, gets almost jazzy.