Glitchy electronica and more! Creative, artistic, cerebral. Von Sudenfed are Mark E Smith of the Fall on vocals and Mouse on Mars on electronics. Need I say more?!? Paradoxically, Smith’s vocals flow much better in this collaboration than the Fall’s last album. In addition, check out the gorgeous string sounds in the super-cool tracks 9 and 12. Refreshingly amazing! This is a sweet album!
Play 2, 9, 12, 8, 11, 5, 6
1. Cold electronica.
2. Edgy, dancy, rocking! Amazingly catchy vocal melodies by Mr Smith. Great shit.
3. Noisy-glitchy electronica with spoken words slurred by the great M.E.S.
4. Industrial techno-ish groove with electro noise effects and half-chanted vocal experimentation singing “I am the great M.E.S”.
5. Extremely choppy and turbulent. Experimental.
6. German vocal lines with catchy electro-dance lines
7. Experimental vocal melodies over techno-ish electro noise.
8. Wow! Cool turntablism… Smith against a “hip-hop” vocal sample. This is funny as hell!!!
9. So cool! Delta Blues meets electronica! Awesome vocal experimentation about a chicken! Think OOIOO.
10. Electro-glitch with half-spoken/half-sung narrative vocals.
11. Experimental. Quiet sinister electro effects with spoken dialogue.
12. Oh my gawd! Jazzy bossa nova-sounding guitar grooves going up against pedal steel guitar melodies and calypso percussion (maracas!). So warm, so gentle, so sweet! Amazing track.