|Myotonia / Myotonia|
|Add Date:||2007-09-23||Pull Date:||2007-11-25||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||21 Oct||7 Oct|
|1.||Oct 17, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Oct 03, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Oct 17, 2007:||growing up |
MYOTONIA - MYOTONIA CD (diy)
Local techie metalcore in the vein of DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN. Vocals always screamed but understandable. Semi-techie guitar and a good handful of discordance and aggression. Heavy and while it's a slightly cookie cutter sound there are some nice headbanging moments. The bass is somewhat prominent which is not that common for heavy bands these days.
1. Jutting, discordance guitar and a rhythm that makes it hard to tap to. The track gets pretty damn heavy. There is a quiet moment halfway through the track. Vocals are more spoken after the quiet part.
2. Longer track. Stop-n-go. That's either a bass or the guitar is tuned WAY down. Sounds a little bit like MESHUGGAH. Fades out for almost a minute
3. Clean guitar to begin the track making it sound more like mathrock than metalcore. The track does get heavy but stays at a medium pace.
**4. A bit more techie and crazier sounding. Damn heavy! Quiet breakdown led by the bass.
**5. Steamrolling headbanger.
6. Discordant like the first track. There are a couple of jazzy breakdowns.
7. Repeated riff. Discordant. Jazzy breakdown. The whole thing has been done many times before.
8. Melodic guitar mixed with a heavy track.
OK stuff -mph
|1.||Total Protonic Reversal||5.||Art Of An Exit|
|2.||Got Cat||6.||Tunnel Gag|
|3.||Industrial Melanoma||7.||Media Vision|
|4.||Alligator Fukhaus||8.||Reverse Birth Tactics|