|Dodo Bird / Beware Of The Maniacs|
|Album:||Beware Of The Maniacs||Collection:||General|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2007-11-25||Pull Date:||2008-01-27|
|Week Ending:||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||30 Dec||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec|
|1.||Fri, 09 Feb 18:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Fri, 12 Dec 14:||Francis D|
|2.||Fri, 07 Apr 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Fri, 25 Jul 14:||Francis D|
|3.||Tue, 27 Jan 15:||Telepathic Juan & DJ Click|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W1503]
|6.||Fri, 28 Mar 14:||Francis D|
LOCAL indie folksy, often frantic fingerpicked guitar with interesting and/ or experimental drums. They are now know as the Dodos. Meric Long (guitar, vocals) often double tracks his vocals or self harmonizes. Logan Kroeber handles the drums in an off-beat and interesting way. Reverb, echo and looping is also added in to make things interesting. These guys have played a couple KZSU sponsored concert at Stanford and also WNL. This is really good. Let me make this clear: this is one of my favorite finds this year, local or otherwise.|
My picks: all but especially 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11
1. med-fast tempo. alternates slow picking and fast picking. This is a fine example of the band's style.
2. mid tempo. starts sort of soft and subdued and sort of works up a head of steam throughout the song. Nice chorus. long fade-out.
3. fast. strummed. very energetic with more raucous drums.
4. med-fast. nice guitar rhythm, with background drums and various other sounds.
5. med-slow waltz time. just guitar, vocals and some piano later. delicate without being annoying or cheesy
6. med-fast. starts with thumping drums. soft but tense breakdown near the end.
7. med-fast accelerating to fast. fast, pretty traditional sounding fingerpicking with echoed vocals on top. Vocals tend toward strained near the end.
8. mid-tempo. finger-picked and gentle.
9. med-fast. almost pots-and-pans sounding percussion.
10. med-fast. starts with droney sounds and subtle guitar. a background of tense drums and some trombones.
11. sort of an outlier--toy piano, guitar and vocals. sort of a lullaby.
|1.||Trades And Tariffs||6.||The Ball|