|Gore Gore Girls / Get The Gore|
|Album:||Get The Gore||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gore Gore Girls||Added:||08/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-08-12||Pull Date:||2007-10-14|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Jan 31, 2016:||Breakaway Bluff |
|4.||Sep 23, 2007:||Transmission Overload |
You Lied To Me Before
|2.||Nov 06, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
|5.||Sep 09, 2007:||Transmission Overload |
Where Evil Grows
|3.||Sep 25, 2007:||New World Lost and Found |
|6.||Sep 06, 2007:||At Your Local Dive (with Viv!) |
Gore Gore Girls – Get The Gore|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/6/07
Four chicks from Detroit do garage from 60’s to punk. Tons of attitude, lots of fuzz guitar, and the occasional something extra sparking the tracks (like the video game boops in track 12). Nothing to disappoint fans of girls in the garage, and fun for the whole family.
No FCCs detected, although lots of the vocals are pretty covered in fuzz. I hella dig track 12.
1. 2:07 **midtempo power chord rock’n’roll with a bit of handclaps for flavor.
2. 3:14 **bass intro, a bit uptempo, maybe a bit more punk than garage.
3. 2:51 ***beach party bomp and big attitude.
4. 3:05 **oooh, I’m sensing some issues here! 4/4 stomp and feminism. Co-written by Kim Fowley.
5. 2:48 ***very cool downtempo el mysterioso vibe. Bit of sitar, even – very well put together.
6. 3:14 **bass intro, guitar squeals and uptempo punky romp.
7. 2:35 ***lo-fi midtempo 60’s rock (the vocals actually are clearer this way…)
8. 2:22 ***go-go beat, punky vocals, flavored by a bit of chimes, actual guitar solo.
9. 3:45 ***very fuzzy guitar, downtempo bad attitude, Count Five-y. We are not into forgiving and forgetting, it seems…
10. 1:47 **horror b-movie spoken intro, punky midtempo 4/4 music to pick fights by.
11. 2:48 ***guitar chords, maracas, great vocals. A bit downtempo, 60’s dance garage.
12. 2:41 ****shimmy shimmy sweet potato bop! Odd bits of video game noises, totally sick guitar solo. What’s not to love?
13. 2:53 ***aggressive 4/4 stomp. Look out!
14. 1:51 **straight up garage rock, with almost a laid-back (by comparison) bluesy bit in the middle – instrumental.
|1.||Fox In A Box||8.||Mary Ann|
|2.||Loaded Heart||9.||You Lied To Me Before|
|3.||All Grown Up||10.||So Sophisticated|
|4.||Pleasure Unit||11.||Little Baby|
|5.||Where Evil Grows||12.||Sweet Potato|
|7.||Don't Cry||14.||Hammer Stomp|