|Red Chord, The / Prey For Eyes|
|Album:||Prey For Eyes||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Red Chord, The||Added:||08/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-09-16||Pull Date:||2007-11-18||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep|
|1.||Jun 14, 2009:||The Darling System |
It Came From Over There
|3.||Oct 03, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
Intelligence Has Been Compromised
|2.||Oct 10, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Sep 25, 2007:||random radio |
Flim Critiques And Militia Men
THE RED CHORD - "Prey for Eyes" CD (Metal Blade)|
Brutal, semi-techie grindcore with some metalcore and death metal leanings. The vocals are somewhat understandable and some of the spoken sections come across a little silly. The music keeps it heavy and they don't fall into too many annoying techie cliches. Think SUFFOCATION or BURNT BY THE SUN. I wish someone would tell these bands that pinch harmonics are an over used cliche and they really don't sound that good in the first place. Fewer breakdowns than their last release.
1. Quiet noise intro into a melodic death metal sound. Short.
**2. Reminds me a lot of BURNT BY THE SUN. Nice guitar riffs and more guttural vocals. More discordant guitar.
3. This track never sits still. The regular guitar pinch harmonics wreck the track.
4. FCC. Straight forward metalcore.
5. Heavy with death metal leanings. Gang vocals and lots of changes. There is a melodic section in the middle. A melodic simple guitar solo. Eh.
6. Metalcore that has bursts of speed. They throw in a pointless breakdown.
7. Heavy chaotic track with bursts of speed. Silly tough guy spoken section.
**8. Discordant riff into grindcore. Guttural vocals. I wish he didn't start screaming. Thrashy breakdown.
**9. Huh. Instrumental with melodic pop keyboards in a metal song. Repeated riff. Nice simple solo.
**10. Heavy, fast, never sitting still.
11. If you like pinch harmonics check this out, otherwise forget it.
**12. Tight riff that again could be BURNT BY THE SUN.
13. Normal metalcore that has bursts of speed and complexity.
14. Pummeling and brutal to start. Melodic death metal with a long melodic section in the middle.
OK stuff. -mph