|Jorgenson, John Quintet / Ultraspontane|
|Artist:||Jorgenson, John Quintet||Added:||Aug 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-09-09||Pull Date:||2007-11-11||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28||Oct 21||Oct 14||Oct 7||Sep 23||Sep 16|
|1.||Aug 14, 2018:||That's Not Bluegrass |
G-Funk, Ghost Dance
|4.||Jul 15, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass |
|2.||Aug 07, 2018:||That's Not Bluegrass. |
|5.||Mar 12, 2013:||That's Not Bluegrass |
|3.||Sep 02, 2014:||That's Not Bluegrass |
El Camino Del Che
|6.||Dec 14, 2012:||No Cover, No Minimum |
El Camino Del Che
Mostly original compositions in the Gypsy Jazz tradition. Jorgenson is one hell of a good guitarist (and not a bad clarinet & trombone player either). Joined by viola, violin, bass, percussion, cello and other strings. Django would approve. I know I do. One star every track, it’s all so good. Total happy music. |
1. Light, upbeat and happy and driving. Instantly catchy.
2. Starts slow then a delicious midtempo bounce w/slower flourishes.
3. Dramatic Flamenco-inspired intro to #4. Solo guitar, slow then fast.
4. Upbeat, Andalusian-flavored jam w/wonderful blend of strings.
5. Sweetly retro and relaxed w/warm fem vocals.
6. Midtempo w/lots of strings echoing sharp lead guitar.
7. Swinging clarinet on a bright and breezy romp. So cool!
8. Upbeat swing w/a Latin accent.
9. Fast and furious w/a hyper-cartoony energy. Yow! Love it.
10. Slow, ends fast. Lush strings, dramatic energy. Lovely.
11. Similar to #10. Slow & delicate w/a quiet sort of emotional power.
12. A more modern sound. A driving, upbeat meander w/energy.
|1.||El Camino Del Che||7.||Lucky Sevens|
|3.||Ultraspontane (Intro)||9.||Ghost Dance|
|5.||Don't Worry 'bout Me||11.||Improvisation #2|
|6.||G-Funk||12.||La Journee Des Tziganes|