|Nobacon, Danbert / Library Book Of The World|
|Album:||Library Book Of The World||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-05-11||Pull Date:||2008-07-13|
|Week Ending:||6 Jul||15 Jun||8 Jun||1 Jun||18 May|
|1.||Jul 01, 2008:||Deep Fried & Sanctified |
Fossil Cigarette Burns
|4.||May 28, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Jun 10, 2008:||Deep Fried And Sanctified |
Three Barrels Full
|5.||May 14, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Jun 03, 2008:||Deep Fried & Sanctified |
Rock 'n' Roll Holy Wars
|6.||Dec 05, 2007:||Brownian Motion |
DANBERT NOBACON - "Library Book of the World" (Bloodshot)|
Political old-time-y folk pop from one of the members of CHUMBAWUMBA. His voice and the lyrics are the center of attention and his voice takes a little getting use to. Acoustic guitar and banjo are the primary instruments. The bass player, Al Doughty was in WACO BROTHERS and the banjo and electric guitar are played by John Langford from THE MEKONS. Lyrical topics anti-consumerism, anti-commercial radio, anti-government, anti-technology and many others.
**1. Simple banjo-led track lamenting society in general. Could be a POGUES song
2. Rock with slight rockabilly feel that seems to ramble a bit.
3. Slow almost rock track with some fiddle. Rough and gruff vocals. "Fill up the Hummer, slam the accelerator here we come … kingdom come!"
**4. Poppy with a rockabilly feel. Anti-capitalism, commercial radio, consumerism, and technology.
5. Short country blues with gruff TOM WAITS type singing
6. Pop country with mediocre singing.
7. Dramatic acoustic track and I have no idea what he's singing about.
8. Angry and slightly rockin.
9. Folk. "Remember when coke, was "the real thing". Attacks a few things. Long.
10. Rock pop with repetitive lyrics. About New Orleans.
**11. Acoustic pop. "I'm in love with a pop song, three minutes long rough around the edges but everything fits. No logic just a sweet sensation."
12. Piano intro, TOM WAITS type vocals, acoustic rock/pop. Baffling lyrics.
13. Simple banjo pop track that seems anti-capitalist. Drags a bit.
14. Simple acoustic guitar.
**15. Drunken folk pop.
OK stuff if you like his vocals. -mph