(Pronounced sue-ka-vat). Indian classical in various styles including ragas, Sufi Qawwali, folk, and ghazals. He has an emotive, resonant voice and elegant style. Lyrics in Urdu, Farsi, Tabla, English, Punjabi, Hindi.
*1. Slow & elegant w/stately accompaniment. Really beautiful.
*2. Upbeat and swaying /a catchy little wiggle to it. Then slow bits.
*3. Soaring intro to upbeat love song. Almost a Bollywood feel.
4. Relaxed, midtempo and meditative prayer song.
5. Slow, relaxing raga. Meditative and totally calming.
6. Sort of a continuation of #5 but with a beat. Midtempo.
*7. Upbeat folk dance w/great percussion. A light, happy feeling.
8. Chorus intro to modern-sounding midtempo pop folk.
9. Slow and meditative ghazal. Sweeping but keeps its elegance.