|Album:||Who Knew Charlie Shoe?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Johnson, Richard Leo And Gregg Bendian||Added:||Sep 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-09-30||Pull Date:||2007-12-02|
|Week Ending:||Oct 21||Oct 14||Oct 7|
|1.||Oct 16, 2007:||radio randomulance
Uncle Toby's Place, Where The River Meets The Hills, Itty Bitty Ditty, Rockasilly
|3.||Oct 04, 2007:||Trip Over Zero
|2.||Oct 08, 2007:||I <3 Life and Yr Callous Neglect/Refusal
Whitewash Worship Warehouse/Fine Waster And Dryer
|4.||Oct 03, 2007:||growing up
Shack In The Back
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/27/07
Incredibly pretty combination of finger picking and slide guitar, with some creative percussion on most tracks – all instrumentals. Several of the first few songs end early and have non-musical noises for quite a few seconds. Extremely relaxing stuff.
No FCCs – only a few bits of speech. 14 and 20 are really cool.
1. random radio putts, bits of backriver broadcasting.
2. *Bits of guitar and drums work themselves into an uptempo but somehow rather laid back folksy bop.
3. **Rhythmic sawing, whoops, slide guitar. Pretty stuff. About 30 seconds of scratching (like raking leaves) at end.
4. *Couple seconds of talking, then mellow acoustic finger picking and… plops? Ends 10 seconds early, then a bit of bird calls, leading into next track.
5. *Bird calls and finger picking. Extremely relaxing. Ends 40 seconds early, then train sounds.
6. ***resonant finger picking, slide and hand percussion.
7. **energetic slide and hand percussion
8. *lovely and relaxed finger picking, no beat.
9. *metallic whiffles, random hand drums… Springs, maybe? No guitar.
10. **guitar, chimes. Midtempo, sweet.
11. Random sounds, seagulls, barks.
12. **random sounds, slow guitar, brushing, kinda Hawaiian. A few odd feedback sounds.
13. *pretty finger picking.
14. ****goofy hand percussion, and cool picking/slide. Relaxed but lots of fun.
15. random noises, barking, a few words, extremely slow slide, burbling.
16. ***simple 2/4 beat, guitar with bits of harmonics, shuffles. Fairly long song – goes through some changes.
17. **slow and pretty pickin ‘n’ slidin, no beat. Some feedback noises.
18. shuffles and some discordant… squeeze box? Pretty weird.
19. **pretty guitar, shaker, occasional knocks. Knocks turn into syncopation by end – definitely improves as it goes along.
20. ****Church bell, then slide and cool bloopy percussion. Kind of comes apart towards end.
21. *bells and pretty as heck finger picking.