This local band delivers a tasty mix of cultural influences ranging from jazz to folk, India to France. Rupa has a warm, sexy kind of voice and the band is raging fun. Really good stuff. In Spanish, English, French. I like this one, and you can play any track you want.
1. Short (:52) intro of band, sirens, loudspeaker, rain.
*2. Bright bouncy gypsy jazz, up., w/a hint of Spanish folk & klezmer.
*3. Downtempo café w/a dark carnival sound.
*4. Slow, tango-influenced some great bandoneon work.
*5. Upbeat bounce w/hip male/fem vocals. Really cool & driving.
6. Contemporary folk/rock w/seriously good upright bass. Mid/slow
7. Slow, sleepy Euro jazz w/delicate vocals, strings. Fragile & pretty.
8. Slow and sleek jazz w/strings and nicely breathy vocals. Stylish.
*9. Wacky upbeat toe-tapper into a slow/mid reflection/then up.
10. Sounds of a café then a upbeat la-la-la kind of thing.
11. Slow bandoneon, breathy vocals, downtempo, dark, jazzy.
*12. Tabla, bass, delicate vocals. Slow and dreamy.
13. Seagulls, fog horns, slow/mid folk w/a bit of sea shanty sadness.