|Various Artists / Global Rhythm: October, 2007|
|Album:||Global Rhythm: October, 2007||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Sep 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-09-30||Pull Date:||2007-12-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 2||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28||Oct 21||Oct 14||Oct 7|
|1.||Aug 04, 2014:||Global Rhythm |
|4.||Jun 11, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
|2.||Jul 21, 2014:||Global Rhythm |
|5.||Jul 09, 2009:||The Songsmith Show |
Everyone Deserves Music
|3.||Jun 15, 2013:||Minimum Entropy |
|6.||Nov 27, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Typically varied Global Rhythm compilation. Music from all over the map – both literally and musically. Good stuff. From Global Rhythm magazine. |
1. Breezy lounge bossa jazz in English. Relaxed & sophisticated.
*2. Upbeat rock performed live w/energy. Fast lyrics. Crowd noise.
*3. Blues/reggae blend w/classic Toots vocals & cool slide guit. Mid.
*4. Bright, relaxed Afro pop w/a sweetly joyful energy.
5. Mid/upbeat mystico-Celtic anthem. Last 25 seconds is applause.
6. Afro-Euro party music. A mid/upbeat, global jam kind of sound.
7. Downtempo, classical-infused jazz w/a reflective, spiritual feel.
*8. Egyptian classical. Starts slow, picks up. Lush & lyrical.
9. Midtempo reggae, muted horns, sweet vocals.
10. Mid/uptempo reggae funk a good band & solid lead singer.
11. Fem Indian vocalist soars through mid/upbeat loud angry jazz.
*12. Solidly good upbeat jazz quartet w/shining solos.
*13. Infectiously wiggly rumba w/a hint of retro flair. Yum!
14. Children’s choir & wicked good African drumming. Field recording
*15. Upbeat Fela-esque Afro funk groove.