|Ashtech / Walkin Target|
|Add Date:||2007-10-07||Pull Date:||2007-12-09||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct|
|1.||May 31, 2021:||Best Of Everything |
|4.||Apr 25, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 40 |
Sun Shines On You
|2.||Aug 22, 2016:||Everthing A to Z week 55 edted for rq 5-24-21 |
|5.||Nov 02, 2015:||Souls of Sound |
|3.||Jun 06, 2016:||Everything A to Z Week 46 |
Sun Shines On You
|6.||Dec 06, 2007:||Sunshine ... on a Rainy Afternoon |
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/2/07|
Electronic dub Reggae from the UK, basically a two-man programming collaboration with some dancehall vocals from Cheshire Cat. The music is fantastic – great beats, cool noises – although many songs have very long intros and fades. The only downer, IMO, is hearing Cheshire Cat do the exact same rap he did at least a decade ago with Bally Sagoo – apparently advocating shooting prostitutes… eeesh!
No FCCs. I like 4, 7 and 11 best, but it’s all damn good.
1. 2:56 ***very, very slow, very heavy dub skank with lots of buzzes and drums.
2. 5:25 ***cool, spooky bass-driven intro, midtempo skank, very danceable. Lots of yummy syndrum. Long bit of electronics-only at end.
3. 5:29 **slow skank with lots of electronics, bits of dancehall vocals. I remember this rap from a Bally Sagoo number 10 years ago…
4. 4:35 ****another slow, forceful skank with lots of bass. Fantastic noise. Another long electronics outro.
5. 4:48 ***downtempo skank intro w accent on the midranges, lots of processed dancehall vocals.
6. 4:57 **slow electronic intro, no real beat. Very slow, very dubby skank VERY gradually builds – very slinky… Really fun sounds.
7. 6:09 **** downtempo forceful skank (I zoned out on the previous track and this startled me!) long mellow outro with waves breaking.
8. 4:14 ***downtempo bass-driven skank.
9. 4:37 **electronics intro, very slow skank, dancehall vocals about ghetto suffration. Very depressing…
10. 4:02 ***midtempo skank with lots of fun noises.
11. 5:39 ****rather uptempo skank, dancehall vocals. Fun, danceable.
12. 3:29 ***electronic whizbangs intro, very slow skank – drum ‘n’ bass ‘n’ noise.
13. 2:39 *mostly ethereal intro and outro with a bit of beat in the middle.
|1.||Dna||7.||Sun Shines On You|
|4.||While The Music Plays||10.||Plain Speaking|
|5.||Essential Credential||11.||Beat Da Drum, Gringo!|